PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Inspired by Embossing at Ike's World Challenge Blog

We've reached the midway point of the Embossing challenge at Ike's World Challenge blog. I created my card with both dry and heat embossing, distressing the edges for an "old world" flare. I colored my image, called Flamenco, with Copics before framing her with lines of pearls and a paper doily. Of course, I like to use any excuse to embellish with a feather, which finishes off my DT card today.
By the way, my dancer is holding castanets in her hands. I picked up a pair just to try out years ago. It may look easy from the audience, but after weeks of trying and failing, which included a demonstration from my cousin (who dances flamenco with Fuego 2000 Dance Troupe), I gifted them to her. She is amazing at her art!
Hope you have a lovely week crafting. If your project includes embossing,, be sure to link it up at Ike's World Challenge blog by the 23rd! Good luck!
Challenges I am Entering:
Use Your Stuff - Heat embossing
Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes w/optional: No designer papers

8 comments:

ike said...

Totally stunning !!!! I love the design and the colouring on my image is just awesome !!!
Thank you so much for making this for me and IWC :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

missgailly said...

WOW! Love the image and black/white/red combo. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful card the coloring is so pretty and love the addition of the feather. Thank you for playing along with us over at Use Your Stuff Blog
Tina
UYS DT

Jackie C said...

Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member.

Majo said...

Awesome! I love your image! Thanks so much for joining us at *Use Your Stuff* Challenge Blog.

Majo - DT ♥

Khristina Sorge said...

This is beautiful! I love what you did with the image as well as the background. Amazing work! Thanks for playing along with the heat embossing challenge at Use Your Stuff!

Khristina UYS DT

Shirl said...

Just beautiful. So many elements but they all go just wonderfully together to create a very very beautiful card creation! Thank you for playing along with us over at Use Your Stuff - Hugs DT Shirl

MIE(Mieko) said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicous Challenges.
Mieko xx