PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, August 31, 2015

Recycling Project for Craft Your Passion's Anything Goes Challenge

Happy Monday, crafters! I finally got some quality time in my craft time and colored up a beauty from Oddball Art called Winnie. I used Copics and a white gel pen and then fussy-cut my image for my project.
This bank started life full of Pringles chips. After thoroughly enjoying its contents, I covered it with handmade paper that I sprayed with some of my homemade shimmer mist. The shimmer mist is easy to make, and very inexpensive. You can see my tutorial HERE.
After adding flowers, butterflies and pearls onto my "canvas," I framed my image with a paper doily I also plopped on some homemade paste, then sprayed with another homemade spray,covered it all with homemade Mod Podge then popped my image onto its frame. I finished with a few more tiny blossoms, and she is now ready to accept deposits of any amount.
I think she might be saving for a trip, maybe a cruise. Or if she is a crafter like I, she will collect monies for a trip to Hobby Lobby, perhaps to buy more Copics. LOL
This is my DT project for this week's challenge at Craft Your Passion. Oddball Art is our sponsor this week, and she's offering a chance to get free images for one lucky winner.
You can also check out the Oddball Art challenge blog, where the theme this week is Back to School. My poor little girl, although surrounded by flowers, is on the Time Out stool for being disruptive in class. Doesn't she look too sweet to do wrong?! LOL
So, What are you waiting for?! Start creating!
Challenges I am Entering:
Shabby Tea Room - ABC-123
Use Your Stuff - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Get Creative challenges - No Printed Papers
Oddball Art - Back to School (Winnie is in a Time Out for disrupting class)
That Craft Place - Anything Goes (mixed media)
Mixed Media World challenges - Textures (handmade paper, homemade paste, homemade shimmer mist, Mod Podge)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful project! Love the gorgeous yellow and the flowers and butterflies are perfect embellishments! Thank you very much for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

Diane said...

Oh how very fun, this has to be the prettiest Pringles can I have ever seen! Thank you for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room for our "ABC - 123" challenge!
Diane TSTR DT

Sam Lewis said...

So cute! Love the Oddball girl and love recycling, so this is perfect!
Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
xxSAMxx TCP Design Team.
❤My Blog❤
❤That Craft Place Challenge Blog❤
❤That Craft Place on Facebook❤

Sari / Granne said...

Awesome use of pringles tupe, loving the bright color and the image looks so pretty. Thank you so much for joining Oddball Ast's Back to School -challenge, hope to see you playing on our next one too.