PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, August 3, 2015

It's Time for TIC-TAC-TOE at the Outlawz Challenges

I don't often create cards for guys, and yet I have so much fun doing so, you'd think I'd be whipping them out willy-nilly! LOL
Well, today I created this very masculine card for the Outlawz Greetings challenge. Their theme this week is to choose a line from the TIC-TAC-TOE Grid and create a project, anything, as long as it uses the three items in the TIC-TAC-TOE line you've chosen, and a Sentiment on the front.
I got to play with an awesome image set from Dee Dee's Digis called "Tool Time." This digital set includes: 9 outline images, 9 pre-colored images, 9 white-filled layering images, and 9 sentiments, in JPG and PNG file formats. All set elements have a resolution of 300 dpi/ppi, and are easily resizable to fit your crafting needs.
When a sentiment is broken into two parts, I like to create an easel card for a bigger impact, especially those zingers that make us smile or laugh. Here, I created the front of my card with the toolbox image, colored with my trusty Copics. I "framed" it with a few photo die-cuts and added the first part of the sentiment.
When standing up, the second part of the sentiment delivers the zinger, and I used the pre-colored image of a screwdriver to "bring it home." 
I chose the TIC-TAC-TOE grid line that asks for "CHARM, IMAGE & WASHI TAPE." My charm is the tiny key on my toolbox, and I used the Washi tape like a ribbon running horizontally under my sentiments.
Now it's your turn to have a go at the Outlawz Greetings Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week and create something to link up with us.
Challenges I am Entering:
Crafting When we Can - Use ribbon, twine or WASHI TAPE
Challenge Up Your Life - Use wood or Cork (wood papers)
Crafty Friends challenges - Inspired by a Movie (Overboard w/Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell-one of my favorite comedies)
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
ABC challenges - O is for Open (Anything Goes)
Creatalicious challenges - More than 1 Fold

4 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

You did make me smile with this fun card. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Good luck and please join us again with your lovely work!

Gale said...

Awesome guy card. I love gloves and tools. I do not see where you linked back to Creatalicious. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious in our "More Than One Fold Challenge" and we hope to see you again soon. Gale DT

Julie Gleeson said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing at ABC Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "more than one fold” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(DT Crafty Friends)
(DT Tuesday Throwdown)