PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

F Is for Fashion at Ike's World Challenge Blog


Sometimes Life gets in the way of your dreams. This is what happened to me this month. I really wanted to get back to my mixed media projects, but Life, in the form of Vacation Bible School, had other plans. Not only was I organizing and coordinating the event, but I lost my co-worker and boss, ending up being the only person left in my office, period.
But VBS went off without a hitch. The kids loved it, the parents enjoyed seeing the enthusiasm with which their children readily woke up early and clamored to be taken to “Mount Everest,” and the volunteers were amazing. And now I can finally get back to my art!
Today I created a mixed media canvas using “Blossom Shoe” from the “Shoe” set of images from Ike’s Art. It was the perfect image for the newest challenge at Ike’s World Challenges Blog – F is for Fashion. Blossom Shoe comes in a set with three other shoes: Ribbon Shoe, Skellie Shoe and Wing Shoe. You can find it and so many other “fashionable” images at her store.
Everything on my canvas was taken from my stash of leftovers. I have bins of flowers, drawers of jewels, and an impressive collection of Stickles. And I won’t even go into my stash of paper – it’s just too embarrassing. Slowly but surely I am chipping away at my stash, and am cleaning out those items that I have not used or don’t think I’ll use (and watch-no sooner will I give these items away than I’ll find a project for them).

But such is Life. I hope Life gives you the opportunity to create this week. Hopefully, I’ll see your F is for Fashion project linked to Ike’s World Challenges Blog. Happy crafting!
Challenges I am Entering:
Decorate to Celebrate - Anything Goes
 Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Moo Mania challenges - Embellishments (boy do I have those!)
Shopping Our Stash - Layer It on Me
Cutie Pie challenges - Cute & Girly
Not Just Cards - #23 Anything Goes
Stamp & Create - One for the Girls
 Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes (no cards/ATCs)
Digi Galore - Anything but a Card (canvas)

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous card, love the shoe and the riot of flowers. Thanks for joining us at Moo Mania and More and at TIOT! Valerie

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful canvas! Love all the layers and wow that's a lot of bling and flowers! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Bee and Dee said...

Such a lot of pretty flower and a pretty card thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge hugs Bee.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Pat! Your "chipping away" at the excess in your stash is just like Life, isn't it? I love that you created Magnificence from a blank canvas and "Life" (your stash). It's beautiful, colorful, and completed unexpected in the outcome! I love surprises. Your art is wonderful! hugs, de

Rene said...

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
Rene

froebelsternchen said...

Just GORGEOUS! A fantstic project! Thank you for entering TIOT's and MOO MANIA & MORE!

Mrs.B said...

This is a lovely colourful project,
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

Mrs.B said...

This is a lovely colourful project,
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Wow very girly
Thanks for sharing with us at the cutie pies
Hugs Kelly x

Lilian said...

Cool canvas!
Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Judy McKay said...

Lots of details in your canvas. Great colours. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this month. Judy DT.

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

so pretty thank you for joining challenge at dtc. hugs