PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 5, 2014

You Must Be Very Wise!


“Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
― Oprah Winfrey

This is a very clever way of saying that wisdom comes with experience and age. Most people gather experience (wounds) as they grow and mature, always confronting, evaluating and learning from each year by year (licking their wounds). So I thought this quote very appropriate for my card.  It’s a humorous birthday card, with the sentiment on the front reading: “Wisdom comes with old age…”

On the inside, it reads: “You must be VERY wise!”

I know the perfect person to whom I will give this card! And being somewhat wise (and a good friend) he will smile and laugh.

My card uses an image from Digi Stamps4 Joy.  It’s called Gramps and is one of many that are endearingly funny…

I would have loved to give this to my dad. He was the one who told me that a person could be smart as a whip but a fool when it comes to life.  Wisdom, he said, is a merging of smarts, experience, understanding, and the ability to balance it all when faced with decision-making and action. And, he added, once the decision was made, the ability to follow through and accept the consequences. 

Even 20 years after his passing, I am still learning from his words, and feeling his love for me, my mom and my sisters.

I made my card for the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog to herald a new challenge for the month of May. 

The MAY challenge theme of WISDOM runs from May 5 until June 1. Any project that reflects a positive spin on the subject of wisdom is welcome. Looking for a blog challenge that showcases your sewing/knitting/crocheting? Scrapbooking or card-making? Altered art or mixed media? Your creative writing/poetry? Everyone is invited to share with the Path of Positivity!

You may come back to vote for the Top Seven posts/projects chosen by the DT members from June 9 - June 16.

Prizes offered this month are:

 ·   Ten digital images from Creative Bug Digitals for the person out of the top seven who receives the most votes during voting week.
·     Three digital images from Ike's World for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
·     Five digital images from Digi Stamps 4 Joy, our guest sponsor this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
·     One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
·     One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles as well.

What are you waiting for?  It would be very WISE of you to link up your project showcasing WISDOM as soon as you can!
Now for other challenges I've entered:
Craft Your Passion - Show Us the Funny

3 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What a fun card! Love the saying!

nwilliams6 said...

How fun is this! Love the sentiment and the image is great too. I love your comments about your Dad - he was very wise. I so wish I would have had the wisdom to listen much better to my parents. Hugz!

Path of Positivity said...

I've always found it interesting that being smart has nothing to do with being wise, therefore I just love the expression that your dad used. Maybe there is something about being super intelligent that doesn't allow the person the capacity for street smarts. It is certainly a subject I've pondered over the years and maybe I'll ponder it further for the midway. Anyway, your humourous card turned out wonderful. I'm sure the recipient will get a real hoot out of it.