PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 19, 2014

Crafting Comes in All Shapes and Sizes

This week's Squigglefly challenge asks you to play with shapes, specifically to layer a few different shapes on your card and use a Squigglefly image.  I was on the go when I made this card, carrying with me just a scissors and my paper cutter, so my shapes are very basic, but I managed a square, a rectangle and a triangle! They all framed patterned papers from my stash.
The image I used is called "Say Cheese Please", a new May release from artist Cheryl Grant Alger, and one of my new favorites. I colored this cute boy and girl posing for a photo with my trusty Copics, using a blending tool to color in the background. I embellished simply with jewels, as my papers have enough patterns to make a feast for the eyes.
If I had been at home, I would have brought out my Epic Six and diecut some different shapes, but I like the way my card turned out, and hope you do too!
Now it's time for you to "shape up" your creativity and play in Squigglefly's newest challenge.  Check out their Facebook page for plenty of awesome inspiration!


4 comments:

Darlene said...

This is a fabulous creation Pat! LOVE the design and your coloring is superb as always! Great job and thanks for inspiration! Hope you have a nice week!

Tammy said...

Absolutely precious card and image! Fabulous coloring too!

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Oh, what a darling card and your layout is awesome!!

nwilliams6 said...

Love the fun shapes you used on this super card Pat. The image is just too cute and colored perfectly (I really want this image). Hugz!