PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tropical Daydreams


Here's a card  using Queen Kat Design's "Elemental" by artist Micah Carmichael.  The image spoke to me of tropical nights, the scent of coconut and jasmine, the sound of palm leaves wafting in the balmy breeze.
I used a piece of glitter patterned paper from the DCWV "Citrus" collection.  The hot orange, yellow and red colors created my palette for coloring my image and for my embellishments. 
I love how this image is of the woman's face, but includes the background of swirls as well. I finished off my card with some coordinating ribbon, a couple of flowers and the sentiment "believe", because I want to believe that someday I'll go back to visit Hawaii, a land of tropical daydreams.
You can find Micah's "Elemental" and other gorgeous stamps at the QKD Shoppe.  Don't forget to visit the QKD Facebook page for inspiration, tutorials and upcoming contests!
And as always, keep crafting!

1 comment:

Holly Young said...

Wonderful job Pat! I love the warm colors and big flower!