PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Shaken, Not Stirred

This week Hambo Challenge blog asks crafters to find a technique on Splitcoaststampers and try it on a new card using a Hambo digi image.  I love sorting through the tutorials at SCS, and I found a simple, concise set of directions and video on making a shaker box card.

So I printed my Hambo digi image, called Bailey Liberty, along with one of the three sentiments that came with it.  After choosing papers for the card base and the shaker box, I colored Bailey with my trusty Copics (G00,000; E11,13,08,37) to coordinate.

Then I created my shaker box, with patterned paper, acetate, dimensional tape, and a handful of sequins, seed beads and a couple buttons!  I didn't want my shaker box to outshine my Hambo image (although I do think it looks smashing), so I used dimensional tape and attached the image next to the shaker box.

A couple "faux bows" with small snips of ribbon, a strip of printed ribbon, and a couple shimmery stars finish off my card.  Thank you Hambo Hoedown, Splitcoaststampers, and Beate Johns for the inspiration and the directions!!

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

Everyone loves a shaker card Pat, and making it a fourth of July themed one is a great idea! Love your use of the ribbons.

Lisa Minckler said...

SOOO cool! This is wonderful and completely out of the box. I love what you've done here. :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Oh my goodness!! Soooooooo fabulous Pat!! What a great project!!

Thanks for playing with us at the Hoedown!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Judy Rozema said...

Pat, this is darling! I love the angled shaker box and how big Bailey is! Wonderful coloring too. Love seeing what you create each week for the Hoedown!

Deborah Anton said...

Shaker cards are always so much fun! I love this element on your card! Thanks for playing the hoedown!