PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 11, 2012

Shaping Up to be a Great Week

...with the new Squigglefly challenge!!  Make a card using a Squigglefly image, but spurn those rectangle or square cards---give it some shape---and make a circular card, or use a diecut shape.  let's see something different!!
I'll show you mine if you show me yours!!  Here's a sweet Squigglelfy image called Making a Point by one of mt favorite artists, Lynne Stansbery.  There are three images to this set, and it only costs $3!!  I have used this several times, each in a different way on a different card.
Today I made a Father's Day card--it's coming up fast!
I used a round card base in brown, then gave it one more fold for a circular Z-fold card!  When closed, you can see the image, called with my trusty Copics and some Stickles (I love shiny fingernail polish), along with the sentiment #1 Dad.  Some vellum paper and twisted wire complete the embellishments inside the card.  I added a bright bow below the belt (it's legal on cards, just not in boxing) and it's finished!!
Easy peasy, and "not your average card", BooBoo!!
Now run along and play in this week's challenge over at Squigglefly, and if you need an image to start you on your way to winning free digi's (the new releases are faboo!), click HERE!!
Have fun, and Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wonderful card for the Squigglefly challenge! Love that father's day card,the finger is just perfect for that theme.

Holly Young said...

I do believe that's the first time I've seen a z-fold circle card Pat! How very creative. Love the coloring and that big bow!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, what an awesome card fold and perfect image.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Pat, this is such a great card! Love the z-fold on the circular card and really love how you wrote your blog post!