PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hello Sunshine!

Popcorn is talking to YOU, and he has a whole armful of sunshine in the form of sunflowers!!
Have you ever woke up from sleep, early in the morning, and your brain is already mapping out a card that you've been playing with??  That's what happened to me this morning.  I had colored my Crafter's Companion Popcorn the Bear stamped image, from the stamp set "Thanks a Bunch", with my Copics.  It was sitting on my desk, fussy-cut and ready to pop onto a card base, when my waking thoughts steered me to my finished card.
I am loving the June challenge to use a Crafter's Companion stamp and the color YELLOW.  It's a color I don't often use, but I like what I am doing with it, so it may just become my favorite color!
I used a piece of deep brown cardstock for my 6x6 card base, and then cut out yellow-patterned papers and distress inked the edges before placing them on the base.  Next came the strip of cream-colored lace that I distressed a teensy bit more with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye.
The ribbon at the bottom came next, but the card looked so plain, until I found that large sunflower in my stash.  I decided to try to stamp the sentiment on its petals, and it doesn't look too bad, if I do say so myself! LOL
While sorting through my yellow embellishments, I found these cute sunflower dimensional stickers by Jolee, leftover from another project.
This is my second card for the Crafter's Companion June Yellow Challenge.  (I told you I was enjoying playing with the color yellow!)  They give away the most amazing prizes for their challenges!!  This month they're giving away a $30 gift certificate!

1 comment:

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous card Pat!! Thanks for entering a second time in our June Sunshine/Yellow challenge on the Crafter's Companion USA Challenge blog!!