PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 18, 2012

God Bless You

Working for a Catholic school, I have seen ten years worth of second graders prepare and celebrate their First Communion.  Can you believe this is the first Communion card I have made?

This gorgeous image, called Eucharist, is a Squigglefly digi from artist Diana Garrison. Their new challenge this week at the Squigglefly Challenge Blog is to "Add some flair to your border with a punch, torn edge, deco scissors or ??? This flair can be to the edges around your image, the opening edge of your card or ALL the edges."


I gave my card a punched border using my new Creative Memories Punch System.  So far I have three different punches. The system guides whatever you're punching to perfection, as you can see!!


I colored my image with Copics, framed it with matching cardstock from the inside of the card, and popped it onto patterned paper.  A ribbon and jewels adorn my card, and I handwrote the sentiment.


Got a little girl or boy receiving their First Communion?  This is the perfect image for your card, and you can find it at the SHOP!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful image! The pretty edge is very eye-appealing.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful card Pat! And what a milestone in your life! How precious is that! Hugs, Linda

Holly Young said...

This is so pretty! I love the string of pearls running down the folded side of your card. You picked a lovely border to punch on the side. Now that you've got the perfect image there's no excuse for all those kids not to get a 1st communion card from you! LOL!

Unknown said...

This is awesome!!! Even though your on that other blog!!!! (smiles)

Kathy Bradley said...

Pat,
Beautiful image and card! And you've colored it wonderfully.

Shawna said...

Gorgeous, elegant card Pat!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Hi Pat - its so hard to find images for a first communion and this is just perfect for a the child. I love it, Elizabeth (your soon to be Squigglefly team mate)