PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 7, 2014

Sweet Dreams

The Path of Positivity challenge blog offers a new theme this month--DREAMS. My DT project is a mini album...well, actually, it's the cover of a new mini album I am making!

I got to play with products from Scribble and Scrap. They have awesome digi paper packs, vintage photo sheets and images.
I printed out two papers from the Elegance Paper Pack #1 to create my base. I also printed out a photo from the Vintage Photo Sheet #1. Isn't that photo of the little girls' tea party adorable? It focuses on the dreams little girls have of their lives and their futures. And using the photo sheets from Scribble and Scrap is a lot easier than searching through musty old photos at antique stores!
The rest of my album cover consisted of looking through my collection of cast-off jewelry, leftover paper pieces and lace. I used Tim Holtz' Distress Inks to age my photo and paper doily, and added a little bling with sequins. I found some netting to tie the album covers and pages together and I have a new/old place in which to scrap (or paint or journal). I finished it off with the title "Sweet Dreams Are Made of These."
I am also playing in the new Anything Goes Challenge from Scribble &Scrap.

So, while surfing one of my favorite inspiration sites, Pinterest, I found a cute parody of the Eurhythmics song "Sweet Dreams Are Made of These" on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect to share along with  the Path of Positivity theme of DREAMS.
Sing it with me, peeps:
Sweet dreams are made of CHEESE
Who am I to diss a BRIE?
I CHEDDAR the world and the FETA CHEESE
Every body's looking for STILTON...

Now if that hasn't put you on the floor rolling with laughter, at least it put a smile on your face, right?
And just to show you how much I love all you crafters out there, here's the first recipe in my notebook:
Cheesy Bacon Monkey Bread
2 tubes Pillsbury rolls (regular)
1 jar Cheez Whiz
2 TBSP butter
1/2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
1. Melt CheezWhiz & butter together in microwave. Stir until smooth. 
2. Pour into greased loaf pan
3. Cut up biscuits into quarters and place on top of melted cheese.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Place a serving plate over the cooked loaf and invert. 
6. Remove pan, allowing melted cheese to drip and spread over loaf.
7. Add crumbled bacon and serve.
You can slice this after it cools a bit, but my family just likes to tear off the "bumps" of bread.

Now that I have whet your appetite, here are the delicious details of the Path of Positivity challenge this month. Please note the changes starting this month:

  • For Challenge 16, prizes will be the following:
    • £15 voucher from Scribble and Scrap, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
    • Three digital images from Ike's Art for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
    • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • There will also be:
    • One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
    • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge. 


3 comments:

Alyx said...

So beautiful. Love how you've used my papers. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Beautiful project...love all the details you have added to it.

Unknown said...

What a lovely creation. Very elegant. Thanks for playing at scribble and scrap. We hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.