Between my new interest in water colors and my new passion for mixed media canvas, I am spreading my craftiness thin, but still make more cards than anything else. However, I do so love to dabble and experiment, and that's really what ART is all about. And of course, where would ART be without dreamers?
For today's project, I got to color up a digi image from Ike's Art. It's called "Poe Bust." I love Edgar Allen Poe, have his poems and stories, read his bio, and took a 3-credit Independent Study at college on Mr. Poe and his writings (got an A, too).
I used a combination of Copics and Spectrum Noir to color my image (I didn't have enough Copics in the black family). Before adding it to a canvas, I Mod Podged (homemade), gessoed (again homemade), painted and inked a base onto my blank canvas. I gathered together assorted charms, flowers, photos, diecuts, etc, and played around with it all until I found a pattern I liked. I even handwrote words about dreaming and waking from them.
The sentiment is a digi from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. I distressed it by folding and ripping the paper, then adding distress inks. I hope you take some time to check out all the little embellishments that complete my canvas. Then I hope you are inspired to try it yourself.
Whether you paint or make cards, don't forget to play in the Path of Positivity's challenge this month. Create with a Dream theme and link up your project. Great prizes to several winners, as always!!
- For Challenge 16, prizes will be the following:
- £15 voucher from Scribble and Scrap, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- Three digital images from Ike's Art for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- There will also be:
- One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.