PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 21, 2014

DREAMS Midway Challenge from Path of Positivity

Dreams is the theme for the Path of Positivity Challenge blog this month. Although many would interpret the theme to mean "hopes and aspirations," I took it literally and created a mixed media canvas.

Between my new interest in water colors and my new passion for mixed media canvas, I am spreading my craftiness thin, but still make more cards than anything else. However, I do so love to dabble and experiment, and that's really what ART is all about. And of course, where would ART be without dreamers?

For today's project, I got to color up a digi image from Ike's Art. It's called "Poe Bust." I love Edgar Allen Poe, have his poems and stories, read his bio, and took a 3-credit Independent Study at college on Mr. Poe and his writings (got an A, too).

I used a combination of Copics and Spectrum Noir to color my image (I didn't have enough Copics in the black family).  Before adding it to a canvas, I Mod Podged (homemade), gessoed (again homemade), painted and inked a base onto my blank canvas. I gathered together assorted charms, flowers, photos, diecuts, etc, and played around with it all until I found a pattern I liked. I even handwrote words about dreaming and waking from them.

The sentiment is a digi from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. I distressed it by folding and ripping the paper, then adding distress inks. I hope you take some time to check out all the little embellishments that complete my canvas. Then I hope you are inspired to try it yourself.

Whether you paint or make cards, don't forget to play in the Path of Positivity's challenge this month. Create with a Dream theme and link up your project. Great prizes to several winners, as always!!
  • For Challenge 16, prizes will be the following:
    • £15 voucher from Scribble and Scrap, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
    • Three digital images from Ike's Art for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
    • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • There will also be:
    • One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
    • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge. 




No comments: