PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Wendy!!

Today we celebrate our daughter's birthday with parades, fireworks, picnics and carnivals. She was born on the fourth of July. While fireworks dazzled overhead and the crowd shouted "ooh" and "ahh", I was looking out the window of the hospital shouting "OOOHHHH and AAAHHHH!!!
Wendy was the first baby born on the Fourth of July in Chicago, and a news crew came out to interview me and my firecracker baby. It was also the hottest summer in decades with temps reaching past 100 degrees for days on end. While her brother was born out of state and grew up in five different towns, Wendy had the luxury of growing up in the same house she came home to as a baby.
Wendy was my gift from God, to even out the loss of my dad. He died of cancer and she was born in the zodiac sign of Cancer. He never got to meet her, but I'm sure he would be proud of the way she has matured into a thoughtful, beautiful, generous and talented young lady. I know her dad and I are!
Happy birthday, Wendy!!

No comments: