PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 14, 2014

Getting Edgy Over at Squigglefly

What a fantastic month Squigglelfy has for you!  First, there are three new artists making their debut in July.   They are Tam Hess, Norma Burnell, and Angela Charles. Each of them have their own unique style. I got to play with a digi image called Forest Fairy from Norma Burnell.

Second, the Squigglelfy challenge this week is "Over the Edge," which means to let your image extend past the edges of your project. I made a "potted flower" from a wooden block. It started life as one of those photo holders, but I didn't like the photos I had already printed up, so I glued a beautiful cream-colored rose to the post.

I colored Forest Fairy with my trusty Copics, and popped her onto my block after painting it with acrylics. I adhered washi tape to the bottom, all around the block, so to speak. I added a few sequins for sparkle and my front was complete.

Here's another view of the block, this one from the side. I decided it needed a sentiment, and I had the perfect one in my stickers stash.  It reads: "Hold a true friend in both hands."

For more inspiration with Squigglefly's July releases, check out the challenge blog. If you really need to get your mojo on, go have a look-see at what our new DT member, Jen Leeflang, has created. Jen's blog is http://jencraftsa.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Kecia said...

What a fabulous creation! You've showcased the new image nicely.

Great job!

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Tammy said...

Fabulous box and beautiful colors and coloring! Love the flower!

Holly Young said...

What a great project Pat! I love the flower idea! Magnificent coloring of this intricate image! I really like the bling you added to the washi tape too.

nwilliams6 said...

What a great image and I love this very cool creation you have made. Fun stuff! Hugz!