PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Birthday Cards featuring Whiff of Joy mouse

I made these fold-out cards for a birthday card swap. I feel so on top of things. This is a January card swap, and I just finished today. I also feel a little guilty. Instead of cleaning up and cleaning out my craft room, I have been inking and coloring and folding and piecing. But it's just too durn fun to stop!!
I used the Cupcake option on my Hello Kitty Cricut cartridge for the cover of my card, piecing it together so that the colors of the cupcake match the colors of my patterned paper (mostly from a DCWV stack). The sentiment is stamped with SU stamp.

Here's my scrumptious little birthday mouse, snagging his piece of birthday sweets. He's from Whiff of Joy, and I do believe there's a link on the right for WOJ. I colored him with Copics, although the other cards portray his gray siblings-he's the only brown mouse in the lot.
I bought the sentiment stamp from Archiver's, and I think the words of wisdom are apropos to the occasion. The background paper was white until I used Bubblegum and Key Lime Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels Company.
The pattern for this fold-out card can be found at scor-pal.com under the tutorials link. After folding I looped a piece of coordinating paper around the card to keep it closed and attached my Cricut cupcake to the front. I like the way this turned out--how about you? Thumbs up or thumbs down. Let me know!
.

2 comments:

draggie69 said...

Oh Pat, these are simply adorable! Very cute!!! Do you mind if I "Case" the card-type?
Katie (ScrapbookPlace)

KymKreates said...

as far as I am concerned lately no calories count but to your little cards they are darling!