PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birthday Card Calendar Box

I started my day early, taking my daughter into school early for a make-up test. So I got into my craft room early today, and finished this birthday card box. Every Christmas I make enough birthday cards to give to my gram for every member of the family. She's 99 years old and has macular degeneration. Usually I just put the cards in a plain, undecorated box, but this year I wanted to decorate the box in a way that she can see what the box holds. The cards are in their envies with members' names written in LARGE letters so she can see who gets which card. I put the cards in the box in calendar order, so throughout the year all she has to do is reach in and pull out the card in the front and she's good to go.
The box is just a plain white coated cardboard one from Michael's, and the pp is from a DCWV stack. The chipboard letters are an assortment of leftovers, and the cover is from a birthday kit swap. The sides of the box (not pictured) are covered with 3D flowers, and I added a pull tab for easier opening. I plan on using this photo in my 24 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS album for today's date, since my life is filled with work hours and this will be something different to scrap.

No comments: