PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 25, 2009

Bah Humbug

If you want to retain your Christmas spirit, don't read further. Just check back in a few days. I'm going to vent, When did the holidays fall apart? DO adults see Christmas differently than children? I don't remember this much drama when I was growing up.
This Christmas, we have a funeral to look forward to, actually a memorial, as my cousin's wife died earlier this month, much earlier. We won't be seeing my cousing because up until last week, he firmly believed she was going to walk out of the morgue (happily he is now accepting her death and now in full grieving mode and I respect his time to himself).
Meanwhile, his dad, my uncle, is on death's door, dying from a brain tumor/cancer. So his half of the family is keeping a very low profile and that's 11 people missing from my dinner tonight.
Then there's my other uncle, the crazy one (I mean really crazy). After punching my sister and resisting arrest, after the charges (most of them were dropped), after his arrest earlier this month for DUI, He is depressed and thinks every one hates him (we don't, we're just worried about him, and a little scared of him). Sop my gram, the matriarch of the family, without whom CHristmas wouldn't be CHristmas, wants to stay home with him instead of coming over to be with the sane part of the family. Now we're down to nine.
Other than that, I've had a lovely Christmas, got and gave some great presents, thanked God for all we have, and am about to serve the best damn CHristmas turkey dinner this year.
Thank for letting me vent. I promise to put some of my latest work on the next post, and shake off this dismal mood. Everyone have a joy-filled Christmas, and a peaceful and relaxing New Year.

No comments: