PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Using Nature to Paint a Canvas

 

I finally broke out of the "painters' Block" I was stuck in. I pulled out a circular piece if wood for my canvas. I had seen on Pinterest this technique of using a leaf to paint on and transferring it over to my canvas. I sanded and coated it with chalk paint and then stated the tedious process of "stamping" with my leaves, waiting for that to dry, then going over the whole area with watered down paint. While impatiently waiting for the opportunity to paint another layer, I had to admit that the time was well worth it.

There are about six layers of acrylic paint on my project. I can either hang it on a wall, sell it or make a plant stand or patio table out of it.I seem to remember having a couple of these round pieces of wood. Hmm...

What do you think I should do with this? Do you have other ideas I can use for it? Let me know in the comments section please!

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think your ideas are just perfect for this gorgeous piece of clever art.
Faiht x