PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, June 17, 2023

A Gift for My Neighbor - Saving Memories

 


Over the weekend, I talked with my neighbor over our shared backyard fence. He was power washing his driveway so he could patch the cement work. I noticed that a piece of it displayed paw prints from one of their dogs who passed away last year. In fact, I held and comforted Barney while his wife got ready to take him to the vet. He didn't come back.

I knew that she would have wanted to keep the part of the driveway that held his pawprints, but her hubby had already started chipping away at it. I asked for the remaining pieces of concrete and just finished putting the pieces together and decorating the finished product.

My neighbor has a lovely garden in her backyard and I made her a garden plaque to remember Barney. After using E6000 adhesive, I used gold acrylic paint and gold glitter glue around the top edges and in the grooves that spelled his name and the date. I threw on a few sequins before the varnish dried.

I'm waiting overnight before I place it in her garden so that the E6000 can dry completely. I'm surprised it worked on concrete! It should be a nice surprise for her. She thinks her husband got rid of this treasured memento of her Schnauser, Barney. It looks rough, but I'm glad I could repair it for her...

No comments: