PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Have a Turtle-y Awesome Day

 

I have another fun thrift store makeover for you today. This trio of mischievous turtles was a thrift shop purchase from last year. I knew I was going to repaint it, but life threw me a curve ball and it sat in my basement until now. I sanded the trio to a rough surface to ensure my white base coat woould not peel off. I painted the turtles' bodies first, using an Apple Green for them all. Knowing that each of the many layers I painted would have to dry completely, I used the ceiling fan as well as a heat gun to speed things along. 

I used my favorite colors, which are teal, turquoise and aqua for their shells. I love these colors and paint with them frequently. In fact, the color scheme of my summer trailer uses these colors. Since they are wildlife, and my deck sits above a ravine with a stream running through it, maybe I'll pack these guys up and use them at the trailer. Btw, lots of summer residents give their RV lots creative names. Since I share it with my nephew and family, I thought something that had both our last names in it. How does Martin Manor/Toscano Terrace sound?

Here's what the trio of turtles originally looked like (below). As you can see, they were dented, dirty and dull. Now, with two coats of gloss varnish, they are bright, cheerful and ready for mischief!




No comments: