PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Friendships Are Golden

I'm meeting a very dear friend I met while in college. We have kept in touch through the years. Her son is one year older than my daughter. We live within twenty minutes of each other.
Lately it seems our lives have become busier, with less time to spend together. So this New Year's eve, we'll meet up, share some memories and laughs, vent our frustrations, cry on each others' shoulders, and then go to our separate homes, each knowing that no matter how much time goes by, our friendship will survive.
I made this card for my friend Janie. Although we didn't grow up together, we matured together, and this image, a Squigglefly December new release from artist James Horvath, pretty much says it all to her. Her friendship warms my heart, and I am so blessed to have it.
After coloring my image, called "Girl Scouts," with Copics, I fussy-cut the girls out and popped them onto a K&Co frame. after embellishing the front, I decided to cut around the edge of the frame, giving my card an interesting edge.
I hope everyone has a good friend in their lives.
You can find "Girl Scouts and more images from James Horvath HERE. Have fun and Happy Holidays!

No comments: