PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, May 25, 2012

Light Fairy in Bloom

I filled this card with embellishments that fill my life--music, flowers and color.  I also used a fave image from QKD, Light Fairy by Ann Howard.  This is my third card using this image and I think she's had different colored hair each time!  She is so very open to many different colors and styles, I can't stop coloring her!

Today I opened a package of Kraft paper card bases and envelopes.  There was a lot of leftover items from my weekend projects, and I snagged a small piece of the music-themed patterned paper, and from there I built my card. 

I ink-distressed the Kraft paper to coordinate with my Copic-colored fairy, using as many colors as I could ID from the music-themed paper.  The tiny flowers came from a bag of flower peices from a garage sale, while the butterfly flew in my window--well, he was actually left over from another card. 

I found a coordinating piece of patterned paper, and framed each block with glitter paper I had received from a swap.  A few leftover jewels finish off my card, which is a 5x5 square.  Its matching envelope was ink-distressed in the same colors.

I hope you like my Light Fairy card as much as I do.  You can find her for purchase, along with other stamps from Ann Howard, over at the Queen Kat Designs Shoppe.  Don't forget to check out QKD at Facebook.  I hear she's going to offer a contest with prizes soon!

2 comments:

Linda W. said...

Gorgeous fairy - I've been so lax in visiting your site - you are just the joy I needed to get creating again today!

Unknown said...

Pat this is awesome! Beautiful color job as well as your layers. Love it!