PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Art With Heart

I pulled out my Distress Ink pads again and distressed the heck out of my new card using Hambo Stamps Artist Pig digi image.  Their new challenge is to use this sketch:

and any Hambo digi image.  So I looked for some papre that sang to me and came up with a piece of Basic Grey that I could "mess up" with ink.  In fact, I crumpled it, smoothed it out and swiped it with Distress Ink.
I framed my Copic-colored artist with a coordinating piece of the same line of BG paper, cutting it out with Nestabilities Labels Four, and dimensionally adhered it onto my card.
I found some fluff in the guise of netting that worked as the border strip at the top of the sketch, and just rummaged around my scraps boxes until I found the diecut "pennants".  Some bling-bling and a super sentiment finishes off my card and the Hambo Hoedown challenge for this crafter!
p.s. (The mustache on monsier pig are drawn on-he looks more "artsy" with it, don't you think?).
Your turn now--put on your dancing shoes and challenge yourself at the Hambo Hoedown.

6 comments:

Holly Young said...

A really fun image, and I love the sentiment! The way you used the wire on the ribbon is so cool!

Sincerely, Ree said...

HA! LOVE the mustache! Cute-cute card!

Donna Nuce said...

Just like Salvadore Dali with the moustache! Your card is darling!

Monica Hunter said...

The mustache is funny ... but I love LOVE that sentiment! So perfect Pat!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

HAHAHAHHA!!! Love the mustache!! And that netting is GREAT!! Awesome texture!!

Thanks for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Deborah Anton said...

Such a great sentiment with the fun added mustache! Thanks for playing the hoedown!