PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 21, 2024

Welcome to the 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 21

 

Last summer, my daughter came home from Hobby Lobby with some craft projects for us to do together. One if them was painting clay owl banks. She painted hers a beautiful rainbow of colors and shades. I wasn't feeling well, so put it aside for another day. Well, today is that other day.

I wanted to create a Halloween Owl that was also beautiful, one that I could display all year 'round, so I decided to paint my owl black and added gold features and details. 

I used acrylic paints on the owl, then used a black Posca marker to sharpen the edges. After sealing the owl with gloss varnish, I adhered a strip of ribbon decorated with gold beads to my owl's back. I dug into my jewelry stash and added a cool skull necklace. I can remove the necklace after Halloween and add something more festive for Christmas...

I love my owl but will probably use it for depositing random acts of kindness I do throughout the year, and even those I receive. We should all be reminded that one small act of kindness can change the world. If I started now, I can end my year on a happy note, or rather, notes.


No comments: