PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, October 18, 2024

Welcome to 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 18

 

Another upcycle project from my many previous trips to thrift stores. Here's my nod to witches around the world. Who says they have to be bent and ugly. Mine is most fashionable. She did need a big makeover, as her skirt was hanging by a thread (literally), her hat was gone, her broom needed re-strawing (?), and her shoes had lost whatever color they originally had. She must have had a hard life, or her credit card was maxed out for a long time.

I started with her clothes, giving her a netting skirt and a shiny belt. I re-strawed her broom and tied an orange ribbon around it. I used a leftover piece of burlap for her hat, glued her hat so it wasn't in her eyes, and lastly, added a black cat near her right foot.

I may not ever be a contestant on Project Runway, but I think I nailed my witch's outfit.



No comments: