PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Welcome to the 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 17

How's the weather where you live? October started in like a lamb, with unusual temps in the mid 70s, cooling off at night to around mid fifties. But as we near October 31, I know it's going to get nasty. Most years the weather is beautiful right up until the Monday before trick-or-treating. Bummer for the kids who want to show off their costumes. 
Today I upcycled a wooden cat figurine. It was originally pink and cute, but 'tis the season so I first out on its black coat. By the time I finished using my white Posca marker, the cat became a hybrid sugar skull skeleton. I couldn't decide on cute or creepy, and I got what you see here! 
While photographing my project, I decided to make the background black & white. Now the cat looks like he's camouflaged into the background. LOL I've put him in my window. I almost put him in between the glass and screen facing in, but my dog was not very happy with that! So Mr. Bones is facing out and behind the blinds most of the day.

No comments: