PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, October 19, 2024

Welcome to the 31 Days of Halloween - DAY 19

 

Next up today is an embroidery canvas. I had to paint the material black first and let it dry. I am typing with blackened fingers because I am an impatient person... Anyway, I drew a spider web across the material with a white pencil. Then I grabbed a skein of white yarn and stitched my lines. The white against black shows up really well, don't you think?

When I reached the end of my yarn I left a length hanging from the bottom-most web part. Then I riffled through my pompom and pipe cleaner drawers and found the makings for my spider. I had to use hot glue to get her to stay on the hanging thread.

That's it! A fun and simple (and not time-consuming) Halloween craft that doesn't take a master sewing expert to make. The canvas is 6x6 so kids and adults alike can try their hands at this project! 

My house and deck are filling up with my handmade decor and I can't wait for the big day. As I watch neighbors putting up huge skeletons and blow-up decorations, I have two thoughts: One, that I saved a bunch of money this year, and two, that I need to go bigger next year. My decor is on the small side, and my house only has so many windows and deck space. A little more yard planning and larger patterns is on tap for 2025...

No comments: