PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Spilling Things onto Canvas


 Today I felt like drawing, so I took out my trusty gel pen, opened my art journal and drew a tree- a naked tree. Instead of filling in its leaves, I decided to break out the watercolors and gave the tree trunk and its branches a bit of life. It wasn't until I saw the paint dry that whimsy took over and I opened the kitchen cabinets, looking to find some "leaves".

My first find was a container of dried parsley. I tossed some onto my page and fell in love with my new canvas! I was going to move my journal but the way the sun shone through the open blinds onto the pages caught my eye and I was happy to take the photo before sweeping the oregano off the page..

And then I was off on a hunt to find more leaves...my next find came out of a drawer of baking decorations. I thought the stars would be interesting, so...

I love the way it looks. I just wish I could figure out a way to frame each canvas. While walking Honey, my terrier mix rescue, I spied several tiny branches that were similar to full-grown trees. I picked them up for inspiration. Now I will broaden my search for more entertaining ways to create "leaves" for my trees. I'll feature them in another post. Until then, keep crafting!

Challenges I am Entering:
  A Place to Start - Anything but a Card
Art*Journal*Journey - What Makes You Happy
DL.Art - Anything Goes
  Four Seasons - Anything Summer Goes
WeLove2Create - Anything Mixed Media Goes



4 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous Pat. You are excellent with a pen and watercolors.Thanks for sharing this with us for Matilde's challenge at AJJ. Hope to see you again too!

J.J said...

Oh, wow! Amazing projects - so creative. I never would have thought of checking out my cabinets for a project. 😊 Thanks for sharing your project at A Place To Start !

Diane said...

So creative and uniquely beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Chana Malkah said...

These are awesome! Unique and Organic! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful project with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner