PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 10, 2024

Painting with Me, Myself and I

I love when Spring rolls out its lush carpet to welcome Summer. I get truly inspired by all the blooms and blossoms every time I walk out my door. So after finishing a canvas for an upcoming Arts Festival, I pulled out a couple small stretched canvases and let Mother Nature guide my brush.

I used several shades of green with light sweeps of the paintbrush. Once dry, I tried a new to me technique that's been showing on YouTube for a while. Using a balloon of=r plastic bag, I dipped it into a select variety of paint colors. I then pressed the painted (crinkled) bottom of the bag onto the canvas and these awesomely abstract flowers bloomed in front of my eyes. If you like to paint and haven't tried this technique yet, I highly recommend it! It's fast, easy and fun!!

Challenges I am Entering:

Dream Valley - Summer Colors
Beautiful Blossoms - Anything Flowers Goes
Mirtillamente - Anything Goes
Pinspirational - Flowers




 

2 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Wow, what a wonderful canvas and I've seen the "balloon technique" and it's a clever way to create a wonderful composition. Thanks for inspiring us with your gorgeous design at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenges

Glittertastic said...

Wow - this is lovely! I love the textured effect you have created and the overall abstract feel to the design.
Thank you for sharing your creation in our challenge at Dream Valley.
Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!