PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 3, 2024

Come Sail Away with the Path of Positivity Challenge this month

 

I created a yarn canvas. After drawing my scene from scratch, I enlarged it and copied it onto my 16x20 canvas. To keep me on track, I colored in the different sections with markers. I then gathered up my cotton yarns and cording and spent over a week adhering strips of yarn onto my canvas. Every inch of my canvas is covered with cotton and I have the blisters (hot glue gun) and headaches (E6000) to prove it. LOL

Tis is my first time making one of these. I call it "Come Sail Away" and I chose to use it as my DT project because I've always wanted to travel. After I retired, I've visited Florida, Germany, Cozumel, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Cancun and been on a 2-week cruise with my sisters to the Caribbean. Later this year I'm meeting family in Hawaii. I am achieving my dreams and goals, even if it's taken me years to finally be able to do so.

The lesson I learned is to never give up on your goals and dreams. Work on them. Plan how to achieve them. Save money if it's needed. And when your dreams/goals come true, know that you deserve to relax and enjoy them, and feel proud to have reached them...

The The Path of Positivity is challenging crafters to create something inspired by Dreams or Goals. I was inspired by the quote offered on their blog:
“Goals are dreams brought to life.” ― Amy Leigh Mercree
 It's their last challenge before taking a summer break. Any type of project is welcome, so I hope to see your creation there this month!
Challenges I am Entering:
 A Place to Start - Anything goes w/optional Anything but a card
 -Make my Monday - B is for...BOAT
Classic Design - Anything Goes w/optional Masculine
  Love to craft Anything Goes
Four Seasons - Anything Summer Goes

4 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely wonderful and SO creative. It makes me want to sail away.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful art and creativity with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. We appreciate you and hope to have you join us again soon. Blessings!

Johanna said...

What an amazing canvas. I'll bet it is wonderful in reality. A lot of work went into it and it is obvious. I'm glad you are achieving your goals and dreams in retirement. Never giving up is key. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful and creative project using yarn, it turned out so wonderfully! Thank you so much for joining us at the Four Seasons challenge!

Dawn Phillips said...

Boats are a perfect B word for me. I live on a narrowboat. Your canvas is so vibrant and cheery. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x