PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 14, 2023

To Zen Doodle is to Let Your Creativity Flow


 My garden was my inspiration for today's project. Or rather, fighting off the bunnies for my tomatoes and strawberries was my inspiration I should say. I put screen sup around the strawberries, and threw bird-netting over the framework in my garden, but they still seem to get in and cheat me out of all the work I did to get my veggies and fruit to grow. Does anybody have a useful tip for keeping them out?

Meanwhile, I drew a warren of bunnies and let the Zen flow from my fingers onto the page. The quote is one of my favorites, "I love bunnies short and tall, but I love chocolate ones best of all". Do you see the "one that got away? (Hint: top left)

I didn't realize how fast and furiously strawberry plants spread. I devoted a third of my backyard garden to the fruit, but I had to put a "fence" in between the strawberries and tomato plants as the fruit has taken over half my garden! It's hard enough to keep the plants alive as we're experiencing a drought in northern Illinois. Add to that those pesky bunnies and I'm at my wit's end.

BTW, I decided to give my trailer the name "Wit's End". That way residents will know where to come when get to my place. They'll be "at wit's end". LOL

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I absolutely love your bunnies, the drawn ones, I may add. Poor you, having your fruit stolen, bet they love your garden. As for Wit's End, it's just perfect. Love it. Can't give advice on the bunnies, sorry, we don't have any around here.
Faith x