PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, July 20, 2023

A Study in Contrast


 Today is a Zen day, and I think I spent it well. My artwork is a Zen Doodle of contrasts. As I started to draw the uncolored part of the sunflower, my Muse was whispering, "what if you colored it?" I couldn't imagine coloring all the tiny details of my doodle, but I could partner the ink drawing with a more realistic rendering of a sunflower.

So now I have a study in contrasts, color vs. black in white, as well as detailed vs. silhouette. My cousin, Tamara, author of     , suggested that I start collecting some of my art journal pages and create a coloring book. I'm going to explore that option but wait until this art journal is complete. I have just three pages left on which to draw!! That went fast! LOL 

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your doodling is just awesome, I love the contrasts of the flowers.
Faith x