PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 7, 2023

It's Baby Shower Time!

 

When I got an invitation to a baby shower, I rifled through my boxes of already-made cards, and discovered that...there were no baby or baby shower cards in my stash!! Since the shower is on Sunday, I pulled out papers, stickers, ink, trim, etc., and proceeded to make the card you see here. 

She's expecting a boy, and had listed Target as one of the stores she registered with. Besides a package of pacifiers (we always called them foolers), I bought something she'll be able to use once the baby can sit - a grocery cart snuggie. It attaches to the seat of the cart, and wraps around the baby, so that he can sit up and mama won't have to worry about him falling sideways or forward and banging his face on the cart's handle. It was a very appreciated gift from someone when I was pregnant with my daughter.

My card was made using leftover paper from my stash, as well as leftover buttons, stickers, trim and bows. The gingham bunny is a patch. I'm also bringing a plate of devilled eggs, not for the guests, but just for her. She loves my recipe, which is simply finely-chopped hard-boiled egg yolks, Miracle Whip and mustard, with a dash of paprika on top just before serving. 

Challenges I am Entering:


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super card for a boy and a thoughtful gift too, hope all went well at the Party.
Faith x