PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Water World

Whenever I get into a slump, or get tired of working on a long term project, I turn back to watercolors. Although I throw away as many pictures as I keep, it still gives me pleasure to watch my colors mingle together, to see light and shadow emerge through the flick of the brush, and to finish a project in a short amount of time.
So, since the beginning of the year, and especially during my self-isolation" period, my watercolors are always at hand, and I've created several new watercolors. The first is shown above. I love the moonlight,and wanted to accentuate that on water.
Below, I painted an autumn scene, again with water. One of my friends loves the season, so it has gone to a good home.
Just one more to show you, and although the perspective is a bit off, it's my favorite memories of my visit to Florida earlier this year. I took lots of photos, so this won't be the last you'll see of beaches and palm trees, etc. But it is the last I'm including in my post today.
 Tomorrow it's back to needlepoint. I have two more panels to embroider before sewing them onto the baby quilt my Gram made me when I got married (poor thing is falling apart in places.). I hope you all are making the best of your "stay-at-home" time during the pandemic. Remember, my mission this year is all about balance, so I am balancing my craft time with personal care, fitness, cleaning the house, de-cluttering, organizing, and learning. 
When you look back at this period in your life, will you be happy with how you used your time? Stay healthy, guys!

No comments: