PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Parade Showcasing Queen Kat Designs

Hip hip hooray, celebrate the day--Spring weather has finally arrived!  And about time too!

So to celebrate, I have created a parade on my card today with an QKD April release called Happy Spring Chick by artist Jacquelynne Steves.
I printed my digi image at two different sizes to make it look like a mother hen and her chicks. I colored my images with Copics and framed it with cardstock. I used patterned papers from Marcella by K "Fiesta Birthday paper pack (including the circles used as embellishments). I also embellished with jeweled butterflies from Recollections and a paper-crafted butterfly from my leftover stash.
"Happy Spring Chick" is available in the QKD Shop, along with many other fabulous images and rubber stamps.  Good news: rubber stamps are also available already cling-mounted!
Challenges I am entering:
 
Craft Your Passion - Bunnies, Chicks & Eggs
 


2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Pat! How darling to change the size of the image like that and repeat the little chicks - each one holding banners! Such sweetness! And the colors are wonderful, hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Michelle said...

Lovely this card. I like the little chicks.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle (DT)