PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, April 7, 2014

Peaceful, Easy Feeling


I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t deal with tension and stress on a daily basis. Between work and school, family and friends, errands and budge, it is a rare moment when we are at peace in our hearts. To live with stress day in and day out can be deadly; at the very least, it can sour your mood all day. So, what do YOU do to bring a sense of peace to yourself and your family?
For myself, I go to my craft room. When I create, my focus is complete and I forget my worries for a “mini” vacation. I also get together with my mom and sisters for a girls’ day out. We eat comfort food, play games and cards and laugh (a lot).
For my daughter, she achieves peace with journal writing. We also get cozy in my king-size bed and watch the movie “Mama Mia.” We’ve seen it so many times that we’re free to talk about our day and anything that’s bugging us.
For my husband, he bowls every other week. I also take him out to his favorite watering hole where we’ll snack on artichoke dip, sip his “dirty” martini (and I take the car keys when we leave), and opens up about all the stresses his work gives him. He also putzes (if he can call my craft room a "crap" room, I can call his hobby putzing) in the garage, making fun little projects with wood.
His hobby inspired me to make a Birthday card using a digi image from Sparkle N Sprinkle. SNS is this month's guest sponsor over at the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog, and the theme for April is...wait for it...
PEACE!
Here is what the original image looks like:
For my artwork, I made a stair step card, which is a 3D card with three layers from front to back. My sentiment adorns the first layers, while some fun buttons embellish the second.  I saved the SNS digi image, called Workbench, for the largest layer. Printing it twice, I colored both with Copics. I fussy-cut both and adhered the bottom layer flat against the card face. I used dimensional tape to adhere the second layer on top of the first.
I added a birthday sentiment, embossing it with glossy black powder.  After adding some "sparkle and sprinkle" with a fine tip glue pen and silver glitter, my card is complete.
Having a hobby is a simple and fun way to bring inner peace into your day.  None of us are running away from our problems. They are still there; but the little opportunities to put them on the back burner and be free of strife give us a much needed “peaceful, easy feeling.”
 So...Let me ask you again - how do YOU bring a sense of PEACE to yourself and your family?
While you reflect on that question, let me tell you about the wonderful prizes that the Path of Positivity Challenge is offering this month:
Three digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the person out of the top seven who receives the most votes during voting week.


 Three digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
 Three digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle, our Guest Sponsor, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
 One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles as well.
Note that Sparkle N Sprinkle is offering prizes in three different categories. That is in celebration of their new offerings of digital images!  Check them out HERE.

Project Details:
Papers-Tim Holtz Idea-ology, K & Co
Ink- Copics
Embellishments- Dress It Up buttons, SU glitter, SU black embossing powder

Challenges entered:
Sparkle N Sprinkle - Anything Goes with glitter, Embossing powder or flocking

6 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Pat! Love what you have done with the SNS workbench. Great job incorporating so much detail - and especially all those tiny details, including glitter and EP! Personally, I enjoy meditating/praying, gardening, listening to music, crafting, being with my dog, or spending time with my dear hubby - all these things bring a continuum of Peace. I so enjoyed hearing how you like bringing peace to you and yours.

I am your newest google follower!

Now to put on my other hat. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic card!!! Love all the details on it...total work of art!!!

Anne Temple said...

Your card is amazing! Love that workbench image you used. So glad you joined us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month and congrats on being one of our Featured Artists this month. (Plus, your name goes in a drawing for a special prize for being a Featured Artist). Hope to see lots more of your fun creations.

nwilliams6 said...

What a great card! Love the millions of details! Hugz!

Kathy said...

I love your card and it's clearly a work of love. Great image and a great card!

Path of Positivity said...

Boy, I truly need to reflect on that question. These days there isn't much of a sense of peace in my life and I desperately need to figure out a way to bring it back. Maybe this is why my brain picked this topic for our challenge. It instinctively knew how crazy April was going to be and knew I needed to be kicked into gear to start bringing a sense of calm back into my life. Thanks for helping me to reflect back on how to do this. Now I just have to figure out a way to implement it... :)

I love your interpretation and the great card that you made to accompany it. Very clever!

Hugs,
Lisa