PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, December 2, 2011

Twenty-three More Crafting Days Until Christmas

Have you got your cards finished and out the door?  Are your presents made and wrapped and under the tree yet?  If you're like me, the answer will be, "What?! Are you nuts?!"
This is the second day of my 24 Days of Crafting Christmas, and I just wanted to show you a present I made for my bff.  She is the Queen of List Making, and I thought I'd gift her with more than just a card this year.  I altered a notebook so she can jot down all her New Year's Resolutions in it now, and laugh over the lists next New Year's Eve!
I used Queen Kat Design's Christmas Elf by Joanna Bromley, who looks so happy at what she's doing that she inspired me to use the sentiment "Love What You Do; Do What You Love".  It's a shortened version of "Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life", but I didn't have enough room for that! LOL
I couldn't stop coloring my image, and then I couldn't choose which one to use on the cover, so I decided to go with them all!  Some Stickles added shine to the ornaments and the starry backgrounds, and some skittles glitzed up the patterned paper I used to cover the notebook.  I adhered a wide ribbon down the spine and cut the end in four, then braided it and attached some beads.
I already made her card, so I'm finished with one person, except for wrapping it!  Only umpteen more to craft!  I'm going to be busy this month, but I'm sure I'm not alone!
Hmmm, do you think Santa could use another crafter??? Free hot cocoa, lots of Christmas songs, a long layoff, and all the crafting time in the world!  I'm in!!!  LOL

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Cute idea! I need to lift this to give to my mil.