PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Twenty-four Days of Crafting Christmas

Here we go, we're into the short stretch.  Only 24 more crafting days before Christmas, and I'm going to start with showing how I altered a couple of Black Friday deals into gifts for my friends.
I got to Menard's in time to snag a few Jar Candles--they had Vanilla, Cinnamon Vanilla Spice and Pumpkin Spice.  The jars were nice and large, and the scents not too bad (remember, a gal with allergies thinks a lot of things stink).
So I covered the jars with patterned paper, adhered a nice diecut sticker or colored image, nicely framed, then added ribbon, lace and flowers to give a Christmas look.  A piece of coordinating patterned paper cut to fit the circular cover and a holiday sentiment, and I have two handmade gifts ready with cards for my Santa act!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great idea. Very festive!