PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, August 5, 2011

Play TicTacToe at the Hambo Hoedown

I mae a card using the new Hambo Stamps digi-image "Indian girl" and am playing in the Hambo Hoedown Challenge #27:  I Chose my embellishments from their TicTacToe Board and made a card with ribbon, eyelets and punches. 
The Hambo CHallenge Blog has this to say about this week's challenge:  Not only will players receive a free digi image, but----
“Each of the first four weeks in August we will be choosing one participant to be a Guest Designer for one week of our September Hoedown Challenges! Hoedown Guest Designers would receive their image early and have their card showcased at the Hoedown”
My card is a step fold card.  i printed, colored and pieced my digi image and placed it on the front face of my card.  I used Copics E00 & YR61 for the skin color, and 100, C1&3 for her hair. Her outfit and mocassins are paper pieced.  I attached a feather onto her headband for a little texture.
I used my Crop-a-Dile to place eyelets on my linen cloth ribbon, and punched the corners of my patterned papers.  I also punched some random swirls that i attached to the front of my card.  I added a handmade flower (thanks Anna), some cloud and sun stickers/diecuts, and glitzed the sun.
the sentiment reads:  "Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain"  I thought it a perfect sentiment, as my little Indian girl seems to be dancing her own little rain dance.
I hope you like my card, and I hope you have time to play at the hoedown this week!

3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Pat, this is cute as can be. I love step cards! An adorable Hoedown entry~!

Unknown said...

Ooh--the step card is ambitious and turned out so well. Your sentiment is perfect with this image.

Beverly said...

Awesomejob with the center step card.. Love your coloring! Thanks for joinig us at the Hoedown.