PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hambo Hoedown #28


Hedgehog digi-image
 Did you take advantage of Hambo's sale on retiring stamps and images?  I did--I love their images, they're just so darn cute!  I made a card for the Hambo Challenge Blog using Hedgehog digi-image and their challenge sketch.
I colored two images using Copics: C1,3; BG10; RV00,34;Y17; YR04 & RV34.  I glitzed his shaggy mane with yelloe, Orange and Magenta Sticklesw, and buffed up his nose with CTMH Liquid Glass. I used dimensional dots between the two image layers.  He's holding a handmade flower that my friend Anna made (thanks, hon) and I found the perfect quote to go with his pose--don't you think?
I took a little poetic license with the sketch, but it still follows the basic theme and shape of it.  I don't usually follow a sketch for my cards or layouts.  I just find a central focus of my project, work on the colors and patterns, and let my muse take me where I want to go (sometimes it veers off, though).
So what are you waiting for.  Every player who follows the rules of the challenge gets a free digi, and one random winner gets a prize!  Check out the Hoedown now!

4 comments:

Hetty said...

Adirable and the sentiment is so true!

Melissa said...

Love the card!

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love how you colored the hedgehog's hair! Great sentiment too. The flower is perfect!

Thanks for playing with us at the Hoedown. Hope to see you back again this week!

Jenn

Beverly said...

What a cool card.. Love the layered flower and edging on your image panel. Thanks for playing along in the Hoedown.