PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to School Shopping Done

New School Year Pencil Case
And now for Teacher's Gifts!!  Here's what I came up with using Hambo Stamps Pencil digi image and their newest challenge at the Hoedown!
I colored my Pencil images with Copics: Y11,17; E71; R05 & N3.  I glitzed them up with Sakura Gelly Rollers in Clear Star and White.
I used Microsoft Word to print the sentiment "Have a Great Year!" and used my Epic Six to cut out the Scalloped Ovals using QuicKutz Nestabilities. 
Adding a couple Me & My Big Ideas stickers and a few binder clips finshed off the case, which I made out of leftover cardstock in primary colors Red, Blue & Yellow. 
The design is from Stampin Up, originally made for holding a chocolate bar!
The Hambo Hoedown challenge calls for PRIMARY COLORS (red, blue, yellow) and PENCIL digi-image in a school-themed creation.  If you don't have the Pencil image, you can click HERE for freebies from Hambo Stamps to use on your challenge.  Every player who follows the challenge guidelines gets a free digi image each week they play!!

3 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

I love things that are cute AND practical -- what a fun gift for a teacher! Your project is awesome, Pat! Thanks for taking the Hoedown challenge. :)

Hey Hey Paula said...

What a terrific project. As a former teacher, I would have loved getting this as a gift. Thanks for playing in the Hoedown this week.

NoraAnne said...

This is so much fun! What a nice surprise for the first day of school! I love it! Thanks for playing in the hanbo hoedown!