PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, February 3, 2023

Here There Be Dragons


My cousin and partner in art crimes came over this week and brought a gift. She had rescued 2 dragon figures from the trash (in her home) and we each started painting one. Mine had been painted already by her daughter, so it got a new coat of white Gesso before beginning.

My fave colors are in the teal/aqua line, so I used both as a base and to add dimension.  The wings got a base coat of green, then swiped with the blues. I used a sponge to lightly over the wings and scales with gold paint. His claws, beak, horns and the ridge on his back are pure gold (paint).

After spraying it with Glimmer Mist (hopefully more dimension), I finished her off with a coat of gloss varnish. She stands about 6 inches and her name is Gwynlyn of Pern (for all you dragon-lovers of the books by Anne McCaffrey. Personally, I like her Crystal Singer trilogy best of all.

Time to look in my stash for more items to paint. I'm in a painting mood this week! Keep crafting!


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gulp! WOW! Just so beautiful.
Faith x