PagesPat's Ponderings

Friday, July 26, 2019

Last Chance to Join the Christmas in July Celebration at Bugaboo

Day 7 of the Bugaboo Stamps Christmas in July challenge is finally here, which means this is the last challenge of the celebration. I have had loads of fun this last week, been inspired to stretch my comfort zone, added to my Christmas card stash, and have a chance at winning some awesome prizes!
The challenge today is photo inspiration, shown below, AND using the Friday Freebie at the Catch the Bug challenge blog  The movie offered to inspire crafters is "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer."
I created a pop-up card, with the pop-up inside it. The Friday Freebie is called Reindeer Trio" and can be found on the main blog. I think that I used all the colors offered in the inspiration photo! LOL  The image is colored with Copics and I had my way with the embellishments. AND everything came from my stash. Besides adhesives and Copic ink refills, I haven't bought anything new this year. Oh, wait! I just placed an order with Scrapbooking Made Simple during their annual The Shop That Did Not Hop clearance sale!! Oh well, I haven't got that order in yet, and not likely to for another couple months!
Anyway, after building up my card front with patterned  papers, I colored up my image, adding a geometric background behind Rudolph and his cohorts. I cut several large Christmas light bulbs, 2 of which are on the front with a bow at their tops. I added sparkly snowflakes to the flakes already printed on my paper.
Inside my card, I created pop-ups, using the rest of my die-cut Christmas lights and (because I cut too few) a small Christmas tree. If you see a tiny pink behind the bulb on the very right, I had to stick a Copic markers behind the bulbs to keep it open so I could take a picture of the inside of my card. I gave my bulbs some dimension by drawing a curved line (of light) on each. I mention this because I re-discovered a fat white alcohol marker in my stash. I absolutely love it and am glad I found it!
Making pop-up cards are fun, but very time-consuming without a template (which I don't have). I am well on my way to reaching my Christmas card goal, thanks to Bugaboo Stamps Christmas in July Challenge. I hope you've joined in the fun. Good luck ad happy crafting!
Challenges I am Entering:
Catch the Bug - Day 7
Crafting by Designs - Getting Ready for Christmas
AS You Like It - Favorite Bird or Beast (I chose the reindeer, as it is a symbol of Christmas, and I do love Christmas!)
Cute & Crafty - Anything Christmas/Winter Goes
CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything pp  Goes
Merry Little Christmas - Anything Goes


6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card front with the reindeer, and how awesome to open up your card and have a festive Christmas lights suprise! Wonderfully made! Thank You so much for joining us in the CIJ challenges at Bugaboo!!!

Tammy Miller said...

Love this project, thanks so much for playing along in our color challenge for our CIJ event, we appreciate you taking the time to join in! I have loved seeing all of your projects this week, good luck!!

Joy Wilson said...

I love the pop up element! Very cool! Thanks for joining our CIJ Challenges!
Hugs, Joy
Bugaboo dt

Julie Odil said...

Pat, this is wonderful! I love that you made a pop up card. I'm so glad you've been playing along this week! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas in July at Catch the Bug. Julie O, Bugaboo Stamps DT member

Lisa Lynn said...

Beautiful pop up card. Very creative. You should be happy with your Christmas stash from this week. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug 9th Annual Christmas in July Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Zw@@n said...

Cute card, Pat. I love the image and the inside of the card. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma