PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Christmas in July - Get a Headstart

Trying to beat the heat this month? Try challenging yourself to create a card or project for Christmas. That's right, Christmas (card-making) in July! Bugaboo Stamps is celebrating with a 7-day Christmas in July challenge, and today is Day 4 - a movie and BINGO-inspired theme.
I created my card by choosing the middle horizontal line as my inspiration, while keeping the holiday movie "Elf" in mind. I used a Bugaboo image called Christmas Girl 3, coloring her with Copics before popping it onto my 3-sided Christmas Ornament.. After putting the ornament together, I popped my elf onto one of the sides, using Stickles on her hair and her hat's white fur. With her is my handmade signpost. I don't know what Santa's elf turnover is, but I'm sure as the amount of toys needed for Christmas increases, so will his overhead, hence the Help Wanted sign!
On the second side, I popped a die-cut Christmas present, embellished with a few strands of floral decorations (lots of sparkle there). By the way, the line of gold sequins goes around all 3 sides of the ornament.
My 3rd side is of another die-cut present. I don't know if you can see it, but I popped a red jingle bell inside the ornament to add to the music from the 2 hanging jingle bells.
Here's a close-up of the Bugaboo Stamps image I used to create this sparkly handmade pyramid ornament.
Challenges I am Entering:
Catch the Bug - Day 4
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Christmas Goes
ABC Christmas - N is for No Peeking/O is for Ornament
Sweet Stampin' Christmas - Anything Goes/optional Christmas in the Sun

5 comments:

Tammy Miller said...

So Stinkin cute I just love this! Thanks for joining our CIJ Bingo Challenge we appreciate you taking the time to play along!

Pia S said...

A fun festive design with lots of sparkle and detailing. Love the little bells! Thanks for joining our Christmas in July event at Catch the Bug.

Wei said...

Such a festive design with lots of Oraments. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Helen said...

So cute!
Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Tammy L said...

This is really fun and so unique. I think you did a fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at CASS and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT