PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, July 21, 2019

Clever Packaging for Excess Embellishments Gifts

 I am on a mission to make my craft room usable, which means I need to sort, organize and clean out my "stuff". All my tiny embellishments are now sorted and lying in wait in drawers that I assume would usually be for nails, screws nuts, etc. And the excess, although it really doesn't free up a lot of room, had been put into a pile. The question was, do I donate it or do I gift it?
While skimming/surfing on Pinterest, I was reintroduced to crafting with match boxes. Perfect! Big enough to alter yet small enough to fit just the right amount of embellies into. So off to spend $2 at the dollar Store and a minute to empty all the boxes of the sticks. I had 24 little boxes that I decided to craft into tiny suitcases, as summers are usually when families go on vacation. Using a brown paper bag cut into the necessary pieces for my project, one sheet of brown cardstock was more than enough to create the straps, handle and corners of my bags. I printed some very cool, very tiny travel stickers also found on Pinterest to decorate my luggage.
So here are some of my matchbox-turned suitcase creations. Soon they were on their way to a local Card Club meeting where members create 18 cards (or other projects, all according to a schedule) to swap with each other. My tiny suitcases were a hit, and the projects I brought home were amazing little bits of inspiration.
Challenges I am Entering:
Altered Eclectics - Anything mixed media/altered art Goes
ART*JOURNAL*JOURNEY - We're All Going...
(We're all having fun, on holiday, in the pink, feeling blue, blooming,crazy, to the beach, park, etc)
Fabrika Fantasy - Summer
Bleeding Art - Anything mixed media/altered art/collage Goes

7 comments:

Jane Austin said...

I love these super cute suitcases Pay
Jane 🌼🌼🌼

Janelle "Nelly" Bittle said...

How cute are these?!!!? Love em!! Thanks for joining us at The Bleeding Art Challenge!
Xoxo
Nelly
Bleeding Art DT

Cathy F said...

Those are absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us at Bleeding Art!

Monica C. said...

Oh wow, that is such a brilliant idea! I love the little suitcases.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These little suitcases are adorable and held a lot of ephemera. They are very cute and made great gifts. However, they do not fit Art Journal Journey's criteria, which is ONLY for altered books, art journal pages, large loose pages, canvases, fabric journals, and digital art. We DO appreciate you sharing the se with us, though.

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creations, love them! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Rocky said...

What a great way to gift some pre-loved stash, they are so cute. Thank you for sharing them with us at Altered Eclectics.