PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Christmas (Cards) in July

Have you checked out the Bugaboo Stamps week-long Christmas in July challenge? Each day for 1 week crafters are offered a different theme based on Christmas movies and sometimes other parameters. I am up to Day 5 of the challenge, whose theme is below:
I was inspired to create a card by the movie Christmas Vacation. I wonder, does Santa ever take a vacation? If he did, I think it would be 1) by his lonesome, far away from his busy little elves and calorie-counting wife, and 2) a place that would defrost his red nose and make him jolly (that would be the margaritas, I'm sure).

Well, in my mind, Santa is thoroughly enjoying his well-deserved vacation. I used a Bugaboo image called Tropical Santa Buried. For my card's background, I used a photo taken by my daughter-in-law, Cami (Camille T Photography). My greeting was created from 2 mini Holiday cards from Tim Holtz. My sentiment, shown on the inside of the card, is below:
All my papers are pieces left over from other projects. I even had a short strip of jewels to make a border on my image. For embellishments, I glued on a couple teeny tiny seashells, that strip of bling and (this should make you laugh) a holiday earring whose mate had gone missing! That's right, crafters, if I lose an earring or break a bracelet, the remainder goes into my stash.
Just look at the big guy. Doesn't he look like he's enjoying soaking up the sun? I say, if you can afford a tropical vacation, go for it! So if YOU could afford a vacation, where would you like to go? I'm actually taking a trip to Germany in the Fall to see my sister, who married a German national and is living in Berlin. Ich kann es kaum erwarten, sie zu besuchen (I can't wait to visit her, but you probably figured that one out already).
Look at all the lovely prizes up for grabs at Catch the Bug challenge blog. Good luck and happy crafting:
PRIZES:
1st Place - 7 Free per month for 6 months ($126 value) Must Participate in all Challenges
Free Bugaboo Christmas in July images
4 month Guest Designer Term
2nd Place - Must Participate in all Challenges
$50 Gift Certificate
Free Bugaboo Christmas in July images
3 month Guest Designer Term
3rd Place – Must Participate in all Challenges
$25 Gift Certificate
Free Bugaboo Christmas in July images
2 month Guest Designer Term
Daily Challenge Winners-
Our Normal 10, 7, 4 image winners daily!
Christmas in July Image Freebies—Daily Winner 
**Exclusive Christmas in July Freebie Set**
(will be in store for sale July 23rd)


Challenges I am Entering:
Catch the bug - Day 5
World Wide Open Design Team - Anything Goes
Creative Crafters - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes



1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fun and festive card! Yes, I image after Christmas Santa DOES take a vacation if at all possible! Love the fun accents you added! Thank You so much for joining us in the CIJ challenges at Bugaboo!!!
How fun to visit Germany! One day, I too will travel there : )