PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

I'm a Little Odd Myself...

At one point in our lives, everyone goes through an awkward period. Whether true or not, one feels odd, different from "everyone else". Well, you should know by now that everyone is a little bit odd, because everyone is unique. And that's what makes one special, talented, free-thinking. Just think of the world if everyone came from the same old. Where would growth, authenticity, genius, creativity come from? Everyone and everything would be the same, and the human race would become stagnant!
Luckily, we are all odd in some way, and I decided to create a card using my uniquely odd creativity with an image from Oddball Art by Lizzie Love. I adore her uniquely cute and/or creepy images. This one is called Image 467 Mummy Mermaid & Octopus. I used Photoshop to position it onto another image called #470 Dead Sea Bed. Then I printed it twice!
I colored my mermaid, her tiny mummy friend and the sea bed with Copics on both images, then fussy-cut one to place on the other with dimensional dots. I used glitter gel pen for the bubbles. To create a more underwater feel to my card, I crunched up aqua-colored tissue paper and glued it all onto a card base, then framed my image before popping it on.
Besides the sentiment (my own), I added some trim at the bottom of my image and my card is finished. The font I used for the sentiment is called "Be Perky."
Challenges I am Entering:
Oddball Art - Anything Goes w/optional Dusty Diamonds/Twisted Circus
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

That's it for now, crafters! As always, happy crafting!

3 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, loving the layers. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Creations this Month.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Crafty Creations DT

EK Gorman said...

What a beautiful project. I love how you layered your mermaid behind the other images. Thank you for entering our challenge this month over at Oddball Art!

The Enticing Creation said...

Love the undersea scenery,beautiful colors and lovely mermaid...thanks for playing on Through the Craft Room Door,hope to see you next challenge

Hugs
Rituparna DT TTCRD