PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, May 6, 2019

A Day for Daisies Sponsors the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog

Life is short. Many people doubt their own worth (we are our worst critics). So if you are impressed by someone - her talent, his achievements, their generosity, her love - speak up! And since a picture is worth a thousand words, say it in a card like I did today.
Yes, the optional Twist for this month's Anything Goes challenge at the Path of Positivity is to create something to show your admiration for somebody. It can be a card, a scrapbook layout, a canvas - wherever your Muse takes you. 
I made a card for my daughter. Her strength, honesty and support have helped me through the process of grief. She is a ray of sunshine when my days are cloudy with loss, and is so very creative when it comes to showing me that grief is normal, but not to wallow in it. I hope she can say that I, in turn, am her rock of support and love when it comes to her days of grieving the loss of her dad.
I decided to print an image from A Day for Daisies, one of the guest sponsors this month for the challenge. The image is called "A Special Flower." I printed it directly onto my patterned  paper, a great piece from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles called "Poppy in Wheat Field" from the We Remember Set. I decided to also print the sentiment onto the paper as well.
Printing it twice gave me a second image to color and then pop onto the first using dimensional  tape. I framed it with a paper doily and blinged up a couple corners of the image itself. Since it's almost the end of the semester (and looking toward a killer Final soon), I used a ready-made card base from DCWV and attached a glittery butterfly. I used Stickles to leave a trail of butterfly magic behind it.
n order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, all projects must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. Prizes this month include: 

  • An $8 gift certificate from A Day for Daisies, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
  • ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designsfor the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight

  • Remember what I said at the start of my post. This is an excellent opportunity to tell someone how much you admire them, while being creative and possible winning some prizes. Of course, the theme is optional. Either way, have fun and craft your heart out. Just don't forget to link your projects with the Path of Positivity blog!!

    1 comment:

    ScrappyHorses said...

    Oh, this card is so adorable! There is nothing like a daughter to lift your spirits and it sounds like your daughter is wonderful! She is going to love this!