PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, February 7, 2016

My First Bendi Card

Welcome back to another new challenge from Quirky Crafts challenge blog. This month our gracious sponsor is The Cutting Cafe,which is a new experience for me. I think I have a new favorite site, even if I don't have cutting software. When you buy from The Cutting Cafe, you get several different formats of cutting files as well as printable templates, which I used on my card today.
I used a cutting file called Bendi Card Template, which includes: 1 main BENDY CARD template that will fit inside of a A2 sized envelope (with the card laying flat), 5 Assorted backs for the card,
2 Assorted fronts for the card, 5 Printable sentiments (in PDF and JPEG formats), 9 Word Sentiments, 5 Assorted borders in large and small sizes (flowers, hearts, double hearts, fence, butterflies). The cutting files come in: PDF, SVG, MTC and WPC. I scored my side "flaps" with my trusty ScorPal, which has become a true life saver for me in all my card-making ventures.
The challenge theme over at Quirky Challenges is to use RED OR PINK with Black & White. After using the templates to cut my layers for the card, I cut to size some pink patterned papers from my stash. I colored a digital image from Ike's Art called "My Teddy" and added a sentiment sticker. I embellished with a large jeweled flower, a cloth flower and the word Love from a DCWV booklet of sentiments from the Wedding/Love stack.
I like the way my card turned out-I've always wanted to try one of these cards, and now I think you'll be seeing a lot of these in the future LOL The Cutting Cafe also offers images, and I'll be creating with one of them for the midway reminder at Quirky Crafts later this month. Meanwhile, our sponsor has generously offered 3 sets to the 1st Place winner, 2 sets from the 2nd Place winner and 1 set to the 3rd Place winner, all from the Cutting Cafe.

Now it's your turn to create with Red OR Pink and Black & White. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Need inspiration? Check out the lovely creations at The Cutting Cafe Blog.
Challenges I am Entering:
Open-Minded challenges - Try Something New (Bendi card folding)
Aud Sentiments challenge blog - Use a Love sentiment
Cute Card Thursday challenges - In the Pink
In the Pink challenges - With Love
Southern Girls challenges - Anything Goes w/Team Trace
Time Out challenges - quote inspiration
"Love is the flower you've got to let grow"
(children are like flowers, needing to be nurtured, yet space and time to grow)
The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes/Cute & Cuddly
Double D challenges - Pretty Pink Hearts (mine are in black but there's loads of pink)
The Crafter's Cafe - Monochromatic
Crafting Musketeers - Monochrome
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Papers challenges - Anything Goes
ScorPal More Than One Score challenges - Pink or Blue It's Up to You
(scoring at the side flaps of my card, both the ones tucked into cuts and the ones adhered to the card base)
Paper Sweeties Inspiration challenges - Photo inspiration




23 comments:

Darlene said...

Fabulous bendi card ... I really need to give this a try ... thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Double D Challenges! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Diane said...

Fun card..love those Bendi's!! Thank you for joining our Double D Pretty Pink Hearts challenge!
Diane DD DT

ike said...

FABULOUS !!! I have never made a 'bendi' card and this looks very cool :-) Super colour combo and great colouring. Thank you very much for using one of my images on there Pat :-D :-D

Hugz

IKE xxxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love the shape and that lovely sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at OMCFC.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Debbie said...

What a sweet, sweet card ... perfect for Mother's Day or Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

Nonni said...

Great color palette and beautiful sentiment too! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge.

Chris said...

Beautiful card, fabulous fold , lovely design, image and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Sweet stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Chris said...

OOOps wrong hat... I meant to say thanks for playing along with the Southern Girls :)- not having a great week!

Nancy Penir said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining in the fun at Paper Sweeties!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fab shape. What a delightfully sweet card! The colors are amazing and I love your design. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT
audsentimentschallenge.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE these cards... you did a fabulous job! Wow!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Sentimental Susan - Etsy}
{Sentimental Susan - Zibbet}

cass said...

Wonderful card, lovely sentiment, thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut"s Patterned Paper Challenge for February.

Helen said...

Beautiful card and a great shape.

Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Helen x

Jill Norwood said...

What a fun card! Love the design! Thanks for playing along with Paper Sweetiss this month! Hope you will join us again soon! :)

Mynn xx said...

What a sweet card! I LOVE the fun fold and wonderful sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us a Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun shaped card - Thanks for joining in at the DD!

Shona Chambers said...

Have never seen a curved card before, its an amazing design and looks incredible. Love the paper you used and the sentiment is so lovely. And I agree that a child definitely fits our theme of 'Love grows', they need all the love they can get!! So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck
Lyn DT

Cazzy said...

That is a fab card Pat, well done! I need to get my act together now!

Cheryl said...

What a great card! I love all the bling and that sweet image. I haven't made a bendi card yet--they look so complicated! Might have to give it a try. ;) Thanks so much for joining us in the Paper Sweeties February Inspiration Challenge!

Sarah said...

Ooh I've always wanted to try one of these cards! I love the colour and cute image. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Meighan Wheller said...

Super card. Love the fancy folds! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenges, we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

Nance said...

Lovely fancy fold card! Pretty image. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sweeties' February Challenge!